This charming rustic chalet is situated in the pretty village of Bettaix just outside of Les Menuires and is within 50 metres of the Bettaix blue piste.
The Savoyard interior has plenty of traditional features such as wood panelled walls and bright fabrics alongside modern conveniences such iPod dock and flat-screen TV to create a cosy home from home.
The living and dining area are open plan and situated on the first floor. The room has large picture windows so you can enjoy the uninterrupted views of the valley and river below from the comfort of the sofa. There is plenty of seating for everyone to stretch out and relax in the evening after a fully day on the pistes.
At the end of the day, you can look forward to unwinding in the chalet's sauna and soothing any aching muscles in the hot-tub. There is also a TV and DVD player so you can switch off in front of a film, games, books and free WiFi access.
For your convenience the chalet also features a ski room where you can store all your equipment without it taking over your living space and there are also boot warms so you can easily slide on your ski boots each morning and have toasty toes!
The chalet can sleep up to eight in four rooms which are configured as follows:
- Bedroom 1: Twin en-suite room
- Bedroom 2: Double en-suite room
- Bedroom 3: Twin en-suite room
- Bedroom 4: Twin en-suite room with balcony
This chalet is run by Ski Bug who unlike most other chalet companies include free airport transfers in their package. The company are passionate about food and provide delicious meals alongside an excellent service.
This chalet is let on a catered basis and the company take great pride in providing delicious meals to ensure you have a fantastic holiday. You can look forward to:
- Hearty breakfasts with a hot option
- Afternoon tea with freshly baked cakes
- Canapés & aperitifs on first and last nights
- Delicious 3-course meals with carefully selected bottled wine, 6 nights per week
Also see: Catering & Private Chefs in Les Menuires, France
Families & Kids
You’ll need to book your own childcare, when staying here. There is a great choice of childcare options in Val Thorens from full-time nanny services to the odd night of babysitting. In addition, during the winter season, many of the ski-schools operate creche services. Booking in advance is always recommended and strongly advised for the school holiday periods.
Also see: Childcare in Les Menuires, France
Instructors & Lessons
Whether you are a seasoned skier or snowboarder who wants to brush up on your technique with a private lesson, you have beginners in your group or you are looking for a ski school for the kids, the chalet company can help you with all your lesson arrangements in advance.
Also see: Ski Schools in Les Menuires, France
Guides & Tours
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own Guides & Tours, which are a great way to discover Val Thorens whilst doing a number of fun activities. During the winter, if you are keen to go off-piste, booking a High Mountain Guide is strongly recommended. Not only do they know the best local spots, these highly trained and experienced individuals are very familiar with the surroundings and can provide loads of insights you won’t get by yourself, as well as helping to ensure your safety.
Also see: Guides & Tours in Les Menuires, France
La Plagne has a good free shuttle service running between all the resorts. However, at this chalet, there is complimentary ski shuttle service 5 mornings a week to the resort centre so you can be in time for your ski lessons!
- "This was our 7th time using Skibug, and once again they delivered a great holiday experience. The chalet hosts Imogen and Dave were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble, and they provided excellent meals each day, and were very friendly. Transfers from Geneva very slick, and with the chair lift less than 50m away, this a great location to ski from with access to the whole 3 valleys area right from the front door. 6 of us (4 adults and 2 teenagers) once again had a superb holiday. I have not hesitation in 100% recommending them, they are a very professional and reputable company. Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend? Yes." - Trip Advisor
- "This was our 5th holiday with ski bug, at both the chalets in The Three Valleys and also at La Plagne. On three occasions we have bought with us friends new to ski bug. What I love about the holiday is how easy ski bug make it for us. We just book the flights, we are met at the airport taken to the accommodation with all arrangements made for ski/ski boot fittings and for either delivery or collection of ski pass. The accommodation is comfortable and clean and typical of French ski chalet, the food is always cooked from scratch by the ski hosts who design their own menu, buy food etc. this means that the style of food has been different each time we visit but with common theme of good home cooking with very generous portions. The ski hosts have always been very friendly and helpful, with advice re the area, skiing conditions, places to eat etc. Unfortunately on three separate occasions a guest had an injury and each time the hosts assisted in driving/taking the guest for medical assistance and making sure they are comfortable We are currently planning next years ski holiday and skibug will definitely be our first choice. Would definitely recommend. " - Trip Advisor
- "I went on this holiday with a varied group of people. I only knew a couple and the rest were friends of friends. The proximity of the two chalets enabled the whole party to socialise together as there was plenty of room in either chalet to meet up in the evenings. Meals were varied and excellent. The rooms and bedding etc were clean and comfortable. Couldn't ask for more from my first ski experience." - Trip Advisor
Les Menuires was the first resort in the Belleville Valley to open in 1964 and they have just celebrated their 50th Birthday. The architecture in Les Menuires is varied with the large hotels on the mountainside of Les Menuires now looking considerably dated. Further up the resort into Reberty there are more recently renovated wood/stone Chalets. A really functional resort, Les Menuires is popular with families as an affordable ski destination.
The main shopping area of Les Menuires can be found at La Croisette with the large hotels in the same area. Chalets and further accommodation are also loated in the Reberty area of Les Menuires. The sports centre is located away from the slopes just a short stroll away, opposite the main bus station.
Les Menuires has everything from typical French cuisine, Savoie specialities with lots of melted cheese to a Chinese restaurant, Red Dragon, or even eating in a Yurt located at La Masse1.
Also see: Restaurants in Les Menuires, France
Les Menuires has two fantastic lakes with walks at Plan d'eau and Lac de Lou which are accessed largely in the summer with fishing in the lake and fantastic farm restaurants such as Chez Pepe Nicholas with goats, pigs and rabbits roaming freely. Lac de Lou can also be accessed in the winter as an off piste area and towards the end of the season presents a water skiing challenge to get over the melted sections of the lake.
Things to Do Nearby
Les Menuires is located at an altitude of 1850m in the Belleville Valley of the Three Valleys ski area. Along with being able to ski the largest ski area in the world you can enjoy sledging, big air bag, ski cross tracks and snow parks. You can also have a go at a slightly different concept - mountain biking on snow. There is a fantastic ice castle in the base of the resort for sledging and fun for children. In the Reberty area of Les Menuires there is a toboggan on rails for both adults and children. After a short inter-season break to recover from the winter, Les Menuires comes to life again in the summer with a huge list of activities. Along with the vast range of walking and mountain bike routes in the Three Valleys there is also; a children's zip wire over Plan d'eau, weekly markets, fishing, paintball, donkey rides, mini golf, outdoor trampolines, quad biking, skateboarding, beach volleyball (yes a beach in the mountains!), a bungee swing, canyoning and rafting.
Also see: Things To Do in Les Menuires, France
In the main area of Les Menuires you can begin to explore the rest of the Three Valleys ski area via the Roc de 3 Marches lifts. An area away from the crowds tends to be the La Masse ski area with great off piste areas and the Walibi Gliss park. The BK Park can be accessed from the Becca lift for fun for all ages. It is worth checking the piste map for areas marked with a sun symbol for the sunny pistes of Les Menuires.
Also see: Ski Areas in Val Thorens, France
Les Menuires has many bars at the base of the resort for apres with a Happy Hour at Le Mousse and often live music at Le Skilt. Later on in the evening there is a variety of live music most evenings at Le Challenge and events throughout the season at Plan B. There is also a varied entertainment programme each week offering activities for adults and children from football on snow to music festivals.
Also see: Bars in Les Menuires, France
Location: Les Menuires
Catering Basis: Catered
Property Style: Chalet
Run By: Agent/Operator
Vibe / Atmosphere: Traditional & Modern mix
Sleeps: Sleeps 8
Bedrooms: 4 bedroom
Bookings For: Lift Passes | Ski / Snowboard Hire | Ski / Snowboard Lessons | Transfers
Catering: Half-board | Afternoon tea | Breakfast
Cleaning: Daily housekeeping
Access: Children welcome
Room: Balcony | Ski / Boot Room | Wood-burning stove
Entertainment: DVD Player | Games available | iPod Dock | Library | Music system | TV
Spa & Fitness: Hot-Tub / Jacuzzi | Sauna
View: Mountain view
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter
Prices & Availability