About Summer Lift Pass Options in Val Thorens
In the summertime, Val Thorens has a number of lifts open to pedestrians and mountain bikers which take you up to some spectacular trails and view points over the Belleville and surrounding valleys.
There are two main types of summer lift passes which you can use in Val Thorens and Les Menuires or the wider 3 Valleys area:
- 3 Vallees Evasion pass - Gives you access to all the lifts in Val Thorens, Courchevel and Meribel
- Multi-activity pass - Gives you access to all the lifts and activities in Val Thorens, Les Menuires and St Martin
The 3 Valleys Evasion pass give you access to all of the summer lifts in the 3 Valleys and is the most popular option for people staying in Val Thorens in the summer.
The Multi-activity card gives you access to all the lifts and lots of activities in Val Thorens, Les Menuires & St Martin:
- Lifts for pedestrians and mountain bikes in the 3 resorts
- Aquaclubs of the 2 sports centres
- Indoor Fun Park
- Spot jeunes et ados (for young children and teenagers)
- Archery (Les Menuires & Val Thorens)
- Outside tennis (1 hour per day)
- Basketball, volleyball, outdoor football
- Unlimited Table tennis (Les Menuires & Val Thorens)
- Shows, evening animations and classical or jazz concert (according to the programme)
- Walks with guides
- "Les Bruyères" swimming pool (in Les Menuires)
- Judo (Les Menuires)
- Outdoor Trampolines (Les Menuires)
- Mini golf (St Martin)
- Tennis 1 hour (St Martin)
- Bull ride rodeo (Val Thorens)
- Pétanque (Val Thorens)
- Ballroom dancing
- Saint Martin de Belleville Museum
You'll also benefit from 10-20% off lots of other activities in the valley, including rafting, paragliding and forest adventure. Find out more when you collect your passes.
You can buy the passes from any summer lift pass offices or the sports centres.
Mountain bike passes
During the summer months four of Val Thorens ski lifts are open to give mountain bikers access to the cross country trails and downhill tracks. Val Thorens is part of the huge 3 Valleys area and offers a wide variety of choices for mountain bikers heading here in summer.
At the head of the valley you can ride at an altitude of around 2500 metres with routes leading down into Les Menuires (1850m) and all the way down to St Martin de Belleville on the valley floor (1400m). You can either buy a pass just for the Belleville Valley (Val Thorens, Les Menuires & St Martin) or the Evasion Pass which covers the whole of the 3 Valleys (including Meribel & Courchevel).
Also see: Mountain Biking in Val Thorens
Children 5 years and under, and adults 75 years and above may use the lifts in the whole of the 3 Valleys for free (proof of age required).
The same lifts accessible to mountain bikers are also available to walkers and pedestrians in summer. You'll have access to the mountain paths, tracks and restaurants such as the at the top of the Cime Caron. The view from the top of the 3200m peak is "the most beautiful view of the Alpes" according to the Michelin Green Guide.
Also see: Maps of Val Thorens
Location: Val Thorens Valley / Belleville Region