About Disabled Skiing in Val Thorens & Les Menuires
The three Valleys has around 40 ski lifts accessible to disabled users, giving you access to one of the largest ski areas in the world, no matter what your handicap.
There are a number of different types of adaptive skiing in Val Thorens including Tandem Skiing, Dual Sit-ski and Ski taxi. Tandem skiing is used to go touring, giving you a sensation of speed and gliding/sliding. The Dual sit ski allows the user a little more independence and is guided from the back with handlebars and a lifeline to the instructor. Ski Taxi allows you to enjoy the pleasure of skiing while being comfortably seated in a chair equipped with a pair of skis, with your legs fully stretched out and your head leaning on a headrest. The instructor stands behind you.
ESF Ski school in Val Thorens have a number of instructors who can take you onto the mountain. The equipment is provided and all you need to do is book well in advance. Another provider in resort is Prosneige, visit their website for more information.
Special facilities on the mountain in the 3 Valleys:
Courchevel - On top of the gondola Verdons, toilets and picnic room are available. A wheelchair is also available on request from Operating Agents.
Méribel Mottaret - On the Front de Neige, starting from the Pas du Lac gondola, toilets are specially equipped.
Parking with disabled spaces in the 3 Valleys:
- Courchevel : Rue de la Croisette right side (Next to chalet Les Trappeurs), Place du Forum (infront Snow Limit), Route de l’Altiport (infront of residence Balcons de Pralong), Rue des Tovets next to police station, Rue Park City
- Courchevel Moriond : Covered car park les Cimes Blanches, Main Street (next to the Ski Bus stop, upward direction, outside the building facing the Ceylan + next to Schuss + infront Pharmacy -limited to 4 hours-)
- (infront Rond Point des Pistes Hotel)
- Courchevel Le Praz : Main Street (parking des Peupliers)
- La Tania : Resort Centre Car Park
- Méribel Mottaret : Parking Ruitor Bas, Parking Ruitor Haut, Parking du Hameau, Parking de Tuéda
Find your way around with Piste Maps for Val Thorens.
Location: Val Thorens Valley / Belleville Region
Activities: Handiski / Sit-Ski
Access: Disabled access